Friday, April 1, 2011

Tea Time!

If you know me, you know that relationships are very important to me. I love spending time with people and getting to know them better. Luke and I have been truly blessed with a wonderful home, perfect for hosting. So I, and a couple of my close friends, decided to host a little get-together (it actually took place back in January) for women to come together, have tea, and share recipes. I'm still in the beginning stages of becoming the amazing cook I know my future children will one day know me as (hopefully), so I'm always looking for good, easy recipes. We had a great Sunday afternoon chatting and escaping the cloudy and cold weather.

Another reason I wanted to have a tea party was to have an
excuse to use my Grandma's tea set. She made these with ceramic molds (I think) and they have her name and the year she made them on the bottom of each one. So special!

Teapots from Cafe on Broadway

I found these emery boards at The French Hen in Siloam and used them as party favors.
Spring is here and I'm getting the itch to host another party to celebrate the warm weather!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new blog!!!! Didn't know if you had heard, but we're moving down to Siloam at the end of the month - I'm thinking more Braschler/Davis game nights...........?

    ReplyDelete