Saturday, April 23, 2011

Something I L-O-V-E

IMG_7158

I know, you were thinking I was going to talk about Luke. I do love Luke. I love him very much. He's my best friend. Nothing can replace him. But no, folks, today I'm going to talk about quilting. :) (Because I'm blogging about this, I feel like I just aged 30 years). I LOVE quilting! It is quite insane and probably a little sad at how much I love it. Finishing a project brings an amazing amount of gratification. Right now, I have at least 6 quilts started and ideas for more. There have been times that I have gone to my local quilt shop, Sager Creek Quilts & Yarnworks, 3 and 4 times a week to browse fabric, work on a project, or take a quilting class. I have come to know the owners well and they have introduced me to people as their "most avid, young customer." To me, quilting never gets old and I have a feeling I'll still be doing it when I am old. I come up with excuses to make new quilts and many times, the excuse is a gift. I have made several quilts as gifts, and currently have 3 gift quilts I'm working on. Because I love working on these projects, and have worked on so many, I have begun getting faster and have lately pondered the idea of opening an etsy account... we'll see. Maybe someday.

I made this quilt for my niece Lily. It matched her nursery.
IMG_7155

This is Lily's little sister, Bella, on the quilt I made for her.
IMG_1425

Lily, the 2-year-old hot mess, and Bella, the 3-month-old sweetheart. Love them! These pictures were taken back in January. I get to watch these girls in a couple of weeks (it will be blog worthy, I'm sure)!
Picnik collage

I have more projects in the works, and more than just quilts... stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Love the detail on Bella's quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are REALLY talented. You should start an etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you machine quilt these? i've gotten into machine embroidery and i went to a class in denver and was BY FAR the youngest person there! i totally agree that i feel real old when talking about sewing & such. i've done 2 quilts, one was simple square blocks and the other i hand embroidered my own design on 21 of the blocks and then i machine quilted them at my grandparents! that one was A LOT of work, but my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen,
    I was so glad to see that you have started a blog, and I love the name, Mrs.Main Street! I can't imagine doing quilting...it looks really hard to me! It seems like a perfect fit for you, since you could quilt in the same room while your hubby edits all of those pictures!!!
    I will be looking forward to reading more of your writing (and no red pen this time! :-). 8th grade English) :-)

    Paula



    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one talented lady! Your quilts are beautiful, Ellen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm... both quilts are great, but that second one??? STUNNING! I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete